Sunday, April 10, 2011

european picture books - welterusten iedereen

While my husband and I were traveling around Europe I made a point of spending time in book stores in every country that we visited. I wanted to see the kinds of images that were being created for picture books in different countries. I was really inspired by what I saw; European illustrators make beautiful, imaginative and experimental imagery. I collected books throughout our journey and posted about some of them here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

Welterusten iedereen by Edward van de Vendel and Sebastiaan Van Doninck (check out his incredible work here) is a picture book that I picked up in Brussels, Belgium, last winter. It's a beautiful and colorful book filled with imaginative images about the dreams of the sleeping people in a town. I was really taken with the characters and the narrative quality of the illustrations. Of all the books I purchased on our trip, this is one of my favorites.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Hans Vercammen said...

the best !

mie meeuws said...

I have this book and i reed it for my grandchildren so manny thimes that a fixt it because the whant always the same story and the look in it for thousend thimes,this nice book is just a big disaster now. The like it so much eather do i.....X