Sunday, May 30, 2010

european picture books - pinocchio

Pinocchio, illustrated by Sara Fanelli, has been out for quite a while and it's a book I knew I eventually wanted to purchase so I was delighted to find it when I was still living in the UK.

The collage illustrations are so experimental, especially for a children's book. It's really inspiring to flip through and makes me want to push myself to think outside the box more with my own illustration work.

The hardcover edition of Pinocchio comes in a slim box that the book slides out of which is cleverly illustrated. The characters appear on the back and their noses grow as the book is slid from its case.

Photobucket

Photobucket


book cover:
Photobucket

interior illustrations:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sumaya said...

Hey Jacky
I have a hard cover book I had for more than 10 years that have illustrations really similar to that book.. Its called 'contes espagnols'. The illustrator is 'Olga Packova'. I just thought you'll be interested ;)
bye