Sunday, February 13, 2011

book cover

Photobucket

While we were living in Edinburgh, I was asked if one of my sketches could be used as the cover art for a collection of short stories titled 'Argentinos Stories' by Mariana Dietl. She said that "the accordion is a powerful symbol in my native country, very associated to tango and to the country's inherent melancholy." She said that my illustration portrayed exactly what she tried to portray in her stories: sadness and melancholy all mixed up with a certain lightness and playfulness.

I had my copies of the book sent to my parent's address in Saskatchewan where they stayed for almost a year, until we returned to Canada. I finally saw the physical books this past Christmas but hadn't gotten around to posting about them until now.

No comments: