Monday, February 18, 2008

secret design section on illustration website

I spent part of Saturday and most of Sunday working on my website. I added a couple of pieces to my illustration portfolio and made a few other small changes. Mostly, I worked on adding a design portfolio. Because I promote my website as an illustration site, and I don't seek out freelance design work, I didn't want to treat the design section in the same way as everything else on the site. I decided to create a secret link to my design portfolio, that way if I need to show it to someone I can direct them to the link without it being obvious to people looking to hire an illustrator.

I still need to add a couple more pieces, but I've uploaded what I have done so far. The link to the design stuff is the 3 small flowers in the top right corner. Check it out and let me know what you think: www.jacquelinehudon.com

Because I'm not an expert at building websites, my site doesn't run perfectly. It can take a moment for it to load. Clicking the main button a few times seems to help it load faster.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great work.

Bruce said...

You're one multi-faceted arteest. My design work is for crap, but I find it creeping up on me at times. Yikes.

I like that it has a "secret" location.

matt dawson said...

The 'surprise gift' of the design portfolio is a good idea. I really like the Romeo & Julliet poster...glad it's in your other portfolio as well.

I'm a duffer when it come to web code (my out of date! site is all thanks to iweb on the mac, simple but effective I found) so I cannot shed light on the loading problems, although for what it worth it is OK loading on my Mac, albeit the several clicks helps.

One bit of code I have picked up from a mate is how to put a hot link in your blog posting...if you're interested. For example, to hotlink to your site using the words "my own web site" in the post. Between the words where you want the hot link to appear, type:

my own website

there has to be a space after the first a
If you already know this, sorry...if the above doesn't work let me know.

matt dawson said...

doh, sorry...I didn't realise that my comment could have a hot link in it!!! Not sure how to show you what to type without creating a link...??? Perhaps best to google it rather than me wasting more of your time and blog space :)

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks for trying. I will google it - I don't know much code either.