Saturday, May 16, 2015

Smorgasbook 2015


Last Tuesday I was thrilled to participate in Smorgasbook, an event put on by the Young Alberta Book Society. I presented both Bye, Bye, Butterflies! and Charlie's Dirt Day to local teachers and librarians. It was my first time doing an even like that but it won't be my last. I had a wonderful time meeting and chatting with the teachers and librarians, as well as with the other participating authors. Alberta has some really great literary talent. I left the event feeling so inspired and eager to read middle grade and young adult novels. I'm really excited to be part of this community and hope to do more events in the future.

Thanks to everyone who bought my books for their schools and libraries, and to everyone who has made inquiries since. It felt great to get so much positive feed back :)

Here are some of the other authors who were in attendance. Check out their books!

Carolyn Fisher
Karen Bass
Bill Bunn
Deborah F. Miller
Shirlee Smith Matheson
Cora Taylor
Lois Donovan
David Poulsen
Trina St. Jean

No comments: