Monday, December 31, 2012

the good stuff from 2012

• I started getting more illustration work from the children's market, plus some new editorial and packaging clients

• My husband and I celebrated 5 years of marriage in July

• We bought a small house in Calgary

• I discovered Moroccan cuisine and have been learning how to
make tagines

• Had a wonderful visit from my best friend who lives in Australia and who
I hadn't seen in years

• Started sketching weekly with my old sketch group

• We got a car

• I was able to visit my home town for the first time in a few years

• I spent Christmas with my entire family for the first time in a few years

• I got to spend some time playing with and getting to know my new
little nephew

• The highlight for me this year: my first trade picture book, 'Bye, Bye, Butterflies!' was released in June

Happy New Year everyone!


Work said...

Glad to have you drawing with us again, Jackie! Happy New Year.

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks! I'm so happy to be back. I missed getting together with my fellow illustrators to draw and chat.