Monday, December 31, 2012

the good stuff from 2012


• I started getting more illustration work from the children's market, plus some new editorial and packaging clients

• My husband and I celebrated 5 years of marriage in July

• We bought a small house in Calgary

• I discovered Moroccan cuisine and have been learning how to
make tagines

• Had a wonderful visit from my best friend who lives in Australia and who
I hadn't seen in years

• Started sketching weekly with my old sketch group

• We got a car

• I was able to visit my home town for the first time in a few years

• I spent Christmas with my entire family for the first time in a few years

• I got to spend some time playing with and getting to know my new
little nephew

• The highlight for me this year: my first trade picture book, 'Bye, Bye, Butterflies!' was released in June

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Work said...

Glad to have you drawing with us again, Jackie! Happy New Year.

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks! I'm so happy to be back. I missed getting together with my fellow illustrators to draw and chat.