Tuesday, September 13, 2011

bye, bye, butterflies

I've known about this since the end of July, but I didn't want to say anything until the contract had been signed. Now that it's all official, I'm so happy to announce that I'm illustrating a picture book with Canadian publishers Fitzhenry & Whiteside. It's a really great story called Bye, Bye, Butterflies by Andrew Larsen, who is the author of two other picture books for children: Bella and the Bunny and The Imaginary Garden, which was shortlisted for a Governer General Literary Award in 2009.

I'm still in the early stages of illustrating the book, but so far everything is coming together really well and I feel good about the direction that I'm going in. Although I have nothing to share today, I have been informed that I will be able to post about the illustrations as they unfold. I can't wait to share my process from this project and I'm so excited to be collaborating on such a great book!

2 comments:

Juliet said...

Jack, this is so exciting! I'm really looking forward to watching your work on this book progress :)

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks Juliet. I'll post as much as I can.