Monday, November 12, 2007

weathervane & a special invitation

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
© 2007

I have a lot on my mind these days. I can't seem to stop thinking and I feel so... heavy. I think it's time to make some changes...

I spent most of this past weekend in my studio. The weathervane is part of something that I've been working on. I thought it looked interesting at this stage and decided to share it.

I forgot to mention last week that I've been invited to give a talk to some students in an evening illustration class at the Alberta College of Art and Design. That's where I graduated from 5 years ago. The class is taught by one of my old instructors, Mike Kerr, and his wife, Renata Liwska. They're both amazing illustrators. Check out their work at www.wronghand.com . I'm very flattered that they've invited me.

4 comments:

matt dawson said...

interested to see where this one is going...is this your usual way of working/use of materials...?Will you keep some newsprint visable in the final piece then...? I really like the sensitive line work of the headless angel. It somehow works better because it is in red...not sure what the message is (good/evil?). There is something intriguing about angels as a subject, even if you aren't religious. I once saw a scientific article which hypothosied just how big a humans breast bone and breast muscles would have to be to flap those wings...think xmas turkey breast at human scale, and then some!!!

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Hey Matt,

Thanks.
The background on this one is the way I intend it to be when it's finished. I wanted to do a line drawing on a textured background. All I've done differently so far is fill in the drawing a bit more. I used my red ink again (I love that stuff). I'll post the final when I'm done, but I have a bit more experimenting to do first.

sophan said...

crazy, i just got ask to do a lecture too. i'm sooo scared to do it, i dont know what to talk about or what to say if someone ask me a question i dont know. i use to be a figure drawing assistance, and whenever someone ask me a question, i always get panic attacks. hope yours goes smoothly=)

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks. The talk is tonight. I hope it goes smoothly too.