Friday, October 26, 2007

The 5 year plan

In 5 years I see myself:

• illustrating full time. True, that was in the 5 year plan 5 years ago and it still hasn't happened, but I'm in a better position to do that now. I'd also love to work in a little book store part time. Something close to where I live that I could walk to. I've always liked that idea.

• I want to travel more. There are so many places that I want to see and experience. I'd like to live and work in Europe for a year or two. Maybe bring my computer and freelance from over there.

• I'd like to produce a series of paintings on a theme for an art show. It wouldn't have to be a big fancy gallery show, even something small in a coffee shop would be nice. Maybe a solo show, but maybe part of a group show with some of my artist friends.

• I'd like to write and illustrate my own children's book. I've had an idea since I was in high school but I haven't had an opportunity to seriously work on it. Maybe it wouldn't even be published, maybe it would just be for me.

• Once we've finished traveling, I'd like to pick a city (maybe Montreal) and settle down for a while. Buy a small home, fix it up ourselves, grow vines all over it. Have a garden in the back, and a patio where we could sit outside and have meals together.

• I see myself living a simple and humble life where I make time to read, cook, go for walks, drink tea with friends, take classes, learn how to make books, be part of an artistic community...

• Most importantly, I see myself still happily married to Dario :)

3 comments:

Karen Klassen said...

that's an inspiring list jack sprat. thanks.

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Thanks Karen. I've just been thinking a lot about the future, what I want, where I want to be, and thought I'd write it down.

Anonymous said...

As the husband referred to on paragraph 7: line 1: subsection 1, I would like to extend my agreement in the continued partnership between myself and that of Jacqueline.
I look forward to a continued 'open minded' foreign policy and the growth our two sovereign entities enjoy as one.